Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Using Run Keeper

This weekend went by way too quickly!

Saturday, I did the elliptical for 45 minutes. I went a little longer on the elliptical than I had planned as I was near the end of my book and wanted to finish it. 

Sunday, we had an MGH team run. We ran 12 miles along the course and back. I wish I could say that those hills are getting easier, but that's just not true. They are still hard and still scare me.

I recently downloaded the Run Keeper app on my phone, and I decided to try it out for the run. I wanted to conserve my phone's battery as best that I could, so I didn't put on my Pandora. It was actually kind of nice to just run without any music. 

I liked being able to hear the Run Keeper check-in every 5 minutes. It really kept me aware of my pace and how far I had run. My goal was to stay below 9 minutes a mile, and whenever I got above that, I'd try to push it a little bit harder. Of course that was tough through all those hills.

Sadly about 8.5 miles in my phone died. I have no idea what I did for the remainder of the run, but I averaged a 9:04 minute mile prior to my battery dying.

So while I really liked using Run Keeper, it is clearly not good for longer runs. So noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment