Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

8 Mile Run

Guess what? I wore shorts on my run last night! In January! Crazy, right?

I was dying to try out RunKeeper again and figured I'd risk it with 8 miles. I also wore my Garmin just in case. It was really annoying dealing with both, but in the end it worked out. My Garmin didn't pick up signal right away, but my phone did. I had a meeting later in the evening, so I had to get moving and decided not to wait for my Garmin. It turns out it took just about an entire mile for my Garmin to get signal. Sheesh. Of course I didn't realize this until I took out my phone at one point, thinking I was at mile 6, and Run Keeper said 7! I don't know why I hadn't compared earlier, but I was very glad to realize I only had a mile left.

Anyway, I don't know what it was, but the whole time I was grumpy. My pace was too slow. My phone was too heavy in my pocket. It was dark, and I was tired. I definitely was not having fun.

Luckily, that didn't stop me from trying to conquer some hills in Beacon Hill.

After the run, I was able to compare my route to my pace.

I also was pleasantly surprised that my battery did not die, or even come close to dying on this run. It was fully charged when I headed out, so maybe I had unknowingly drained my batter prior to Sunday's run? I'm not sure.

Anyway, it was a tough run for me mentally, but I got out there and did it. At least that's something!


No comments:

Post a Comment