Pages

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Quick Workouts

If you're like me then the holidays have you crunched for time! It can be tough to get in workout, but I find this is the time of year when I need it the most. Not only for my waistline but for my sanity!

Yesterday was one of those days. I only had about 30 minutes between the time I got home and the time that I had to be out the doors, so I threw on some workout clothes and did the HIIT the Beach workout from the Beach Babes DVD. I was surprised to find I was sore today. Guess I must have pushed myself during those 20 minutes!

This got me thinking about some of my favorite workout to do when I'm short on time. Here are a few of my go-to options.

Workout DVD
My favorites are the Beach Babes or Jillian Michaels-30 Day Shred. I love these because you can go on auto-pilot and just follow along. Plus you know they only last 20 minutes, so you don't have to watch the clock. Plus they're fun, and a great option when you don't even have the time to get to the gym.

Speed Work
I am a big fan of hard and fast speed sessions on the treadmill. By upping the intensity, you can really get sweaty in a short amount of time. There are a ton on Pinterest, or you can easily make up your own. Bonus points if you throw in some hills.

HIIT
High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is basically when you have high-intensity bursts of work. So say you do 30 seconds of burpees followed by a minute of strength training, then 30 seconds of jumping jacks followed by another minute of a different strength move, then 30 seconds of jumping rope followed by yet another strength move. (I think you get the point) Anyway, these are easy to customize and just like the treadmill workouts, you can easily get tuckered out even with a short workout!


No comments:

Post a Comment