Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nine Holiday Miles

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. I've been away from the blog for a few days, thanks to a fabulous Christmas.

Mmm, Christmas breakfast

I took Christmas as a rest day, but I got in some great workouts in the days leading up. I went to my first body pump in over a month, and on Sunday, I did a 9 mile training run.

The run was awesome. My Garmin magically picked up a signal moments after I turned it on. The air was cool but not too cold. I ran out and back along the river, and I was surprised to see how few people were out. Then I got next to the water and felt the wind. Boy, it was strong! I pushed through, promising myself a nice latte from Starbucks as my reward.

There were only a few runners out on the pathway, including a couple of guys who seemed to be holding a decently quick pace. Before I knew it, I was comfortably on their heels. I rode it out a bit, but it was a tad too slow for me, so I kicked it up to get ahead. I hope they didn't mind getting chicked!

I finished 9 miles in just under 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I was in a low-maintenance mood, so I didn't carry any water or fuel. I think 9 miles is about the most I can do without any fuel, so this weekend will mark the start of prepping for my runs with more than just my watch and my ipod.

I had Christmas Eve off, and so I decided to hit up a lunchtime yoga class. The instructor did a ton of stretches for our hip flexors. It hurt so good! I left the class feeling great. I seriously need to keep going to yoga.

It was the perfect kick-off to Christmas. Santa was good to me, bringing me several running accessories and garments.

Peppermint Stick Gu? Yes!
Crazy printed compression pants= Awesome
And of course some generous donations to my marathon fundraising. What a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment