Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Running and Painting

Before heading out to a Dress for Success fundraiser last night, I got in a 3 miles run. I'm not going to lie, a big part of me didn't want to go. Luckily, it was cold enough and dark enough for me to bust out my new "what the fluff" pullover.


You know you're bright when your door woman makes a comment about "wow, that's yellow." Good. I can't tell you how many times last night I didn't see a runner until we were practically on top of one another.

Since I was tight on time, I wanted to know how long I was out of the apartment for rather than my run time, so I didn't pause it when I stopped to cross streets and such. I kept getting stopped at lights, so that was really annoying, but I must have been going pretty quickly, because I know I lost at least 5 minutes to stops, and I did a little over 3 miles in just 30 minutes.

I am so glad I went for my run last night. The city was beautiful with all the white Christmas lights sparkling away. Plus they were filming some movie near the Common so there was lots of activity.
I totally loved the pullover by the way. It was so cozy, and helped me stay warm at the beginning of the run, then as I warmed up, I was able to unzip these underarm vents. That was just enough to totally cool me down! Plus, I felt I was visible for when I had to maneuver around traffic.


After the run, I showered and prepped for the event at Paint Bar. The picture for the night was of a dress on a dress form. We got there and were able to set-up and grab a drink before the instructor started.

The instructor led us through painting the background bits, and I followed just as she said. We took a 15 minute break for things to dry, and I wasn't crazy about the model painting, so I thought about how I wanted to customize it.

Hung out to dry


I ended up opting for some different colors, and I'm really happy with mine turned out. I thought all my friends' paintings looked amazing! Its funny how different they came out even though we were making the same thing.





I really have too much fun at these things. Pretty soon my apartment will be filled with my artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment