Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge

So back at the beginning of the year, I set a goal for myself. The Goodreads website had up something about their 2012 Reading Challenge, so I put in 52. I figured a book a week would be an attainable goal.

I definitely wasn't used to reading books so quickly (I think I read a little over 20 books in 2011), but I knew this would be a way to force myself to read more at home. I got off to a slow start, but while on my honeymoon, I practically read a book a day. This helped me catch-up. I think the Kindle helped with this too, because often I'd have some down time between when I finished one book and purchased or checked-out another. With the Kindle, it's really easy to just start something new.


Flash forward to the end of the year, and I'm now just a few books away from my goal. I've looked back on the books I've read this year, and I was shocked to see only one running book on the list! How can that be? Some of my favorite books have been about running. Dean Karnazes' books are funny yet inspiring. Born to Run was eye-opening. Bart Yasso's My Life on the Run was so entertaining that I've retold some of the stories to other runners.

Anyway, I'm especially in a running spirit with Boston around the corner, so I am going to make sure that at least one of my remaining books in 2012 is about running.

Luckily Goodreads has an entire list of Running (non-instructional) Books on their website. I'm thinking Marathon Woman by Katherine Switzer, but there are many great ones to pick.

Have you read any great running books?

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm at 40...and determined to finish 52. I got 50 last year. SO CLOSE!!! In my defense, I read all 5 Game of Thrones books this year... those are LONG.

    ReplyDelete