Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

1st Team Meeting

Last night I attended the first team meeting for the Mass General Marathon Team!



I really couldn't be happier about being selected for this team. It's an amazing cause, and the staff members seem so dedicated and happy to help. It was great to hear from all of them, and to learn more about what our funds raised will go towards.


The meeting was held in an auditorium at the hospital, and they gave us a packet with forms, a training plan, staff contact information, and a few other resources. I'd say about 40-50 people were at the meeting, which is about half the team.


They went over some administrative stuff, but basically walked us through what kind of support they provide to the runners and gave us fundraising ideas. We also learned about the Patient Partner Program and watched a few videos. I was near tears at several points during the meeting!

There wasn't much interaction among the runners, but it seems like there will be plenty of training runs and other activities where I can get to know my teammates. I think one of the benefits to running with a team will be having other people to keep me motivated and focused during the fundraising and training. They'd also be great people to bounce ideas off of or even collaborate with!

I still can't believe that I'm actually going to run the Boston Marathon! I totally geeked out while filling out the application. I suppose I shouldn't get too excited until my registration fee is out of my checking account, but still, I swear holding the application was magical.




No comments:

Post a Comment