Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sweaty Savings

I'm a sucker for workout clothes. Well, honestly I love all clothes, but I really love workout clothes. Not only are they motivation to workout but they are comfortable and often really cute.

The one think I am not a fan of is the price. $80 for a pair of pants that I'm just going to sweat in? I've done it, but still I sometimes have difficulty justifying it to myself.

So when I heard about PV Body, I was intrigued. I've been hearing about subscription boxes like Birch Box and PopSugar Must Haves, and I'd been wanting to check-out something similar.

According to their website, PV Body describes themselves as the following:

"For $39.95/month, we ship a new fitness outfit right to your door. Each box has a retail value of about $139. Avoid the mall, look good, feel great and have our personal stylists shop for you. Shipping is free and you can cancel your order any time."

The clothes seen on the website looked cute, and if you got something that you didn't like or that didn't fit, you could just exchange it or return the whole order for a refund. I had a discount code, and I figured it was a good time to test it out. I took their free online style quiz, created a profile, and signed-up to get my first order.

About 10 days later, a shiny pink package was on my door step.

 
I couldn't wait to open it, and inside, I found a bright pink tank top and a pair of black pants. I have to admit that initially I was a bit disappointed. It wasn't that I didn't like the items; they were just kind of boring. I already own black pants and there was nothing special about the pink tank top.

After taking a closer look at the pants, I realized they might be a keeper. They felt comfortable and had a thick waistband, which I love. They were actually pretty similar to my favorite pair of yoga pants which were starting to wear a bit thin. The best part? These pants have a tiny pocket in the waistband! I knew it would be perfect for my keys, ipod shuffle, or even a Gu.

I tried on the items, and I realized the pink tank top would make a great base layer for under running jackets or pullovers. It was form fitting but not too snug, and I'd feel comfortable wearing it to the gym. Now that I'm weight training more, I prefer to wear sleeveless tops to the gym. I love the mobility they offer, and since I have yet to get a sleeveless shirt from a race, there is a lack of them in my collection.

I decided to keep both items, and I worked out in the outfit a few days later. Overall, I was really comfortable in the clothes, and I thought they looked cute.

I had a coupon and got the outfit for just under $32, which isn't bad considering a tank top like this usually goes for around that amount. It's like getting the pants free! 

Since PV Body mentions the average retail price of a package is $139, I decided to do some exploring. 

The pants is American Apparel Performance Sportswear, so those were easy enough to find. They retail online for $48. 


The tank top is by Nux, a brand that I was unfamiliar with. I am pretty sure I got their Focus Tank which retails for $45. Over all the outfit retails at $93. That's almost 3 times what I paid!

The subscription is really easy to pause/cancel, but I think I'm going to give it another shot in December. I loved the surprise element, and while the clothes might not have been something I would have picked out on my own, I think they'll be great staples going forward. Plus I loved getting a bargin!

If you want to try out PV Body, you can get your first package for 20% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment