Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Fantastic News!

So I'd previously mentioned that I was hoping for a big race in the spring. I can now say that's official!



I will be running the 2013 Boston Marathon as part of the Mass General Marathon Team! I couldn't be more excited. I've previously applied twice to run the Boston Marathon on behalf of charity, and I was not accepted. My sister-in-law ran for Mass General last year, and so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Last night, I got myself to the gym by figuring I could grab a turkey burger from B. Good on the way home. So I did a few miles on the treadmill and then spent some quality time with the foam roller. I then headed to B. Good for my reward. As I was waiting for my order, I started to scan through my email and saw the "you've been accepted" subject line. Holy cow! I was very excited.

Our first team meeting is in a few weeks, so I'll have more details then, but I will be documenting my preparations here. I have a feeling that in the coming months I will be able to talk about nothing but the Boston Marathon. My apologies in advance.

1 comment: