Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Snack Attack

This morning I went to a 6am Body Pump class. As I was leaving my apartment, there were three people coming home from their night out on the town. I have no idea what these people were doing out so late on a Wednesday night, but I'm sure they have some epic stories. In a weird way it inspired me to continue the morning workout routine. I mean, if I'd stayed in bed, I would have missed seeing these party people.

Anyway I live in a high foot traffic area, so often promotions people will be passing out samples on my way to the train. Who doesn't love getting free samples of new products? They're especially nice when they are from brands you already love or are products you've been curious about. Last week, I managed to score Larabar's Über bars and Kind granola!



The sample Über bars were about half the sized. They are all natural and made from whole fruits and nuts. They actually remind me of Kind bars because both are made with whole nuts. One of the fun things about Larabars are the flavors. The Über bar flavors I got were "Cherry Cobbler" and "apple Turnover." Obviously these are much healthier than their namesakes. I'm not a huge fan of charries but I really enjoyed the cherry cobbler as a snack. I thought the mix of sweet and salty was spot on. I was expecting to love the apple turnover, but it was just ok. Maybe it needed some more of the spices that make apple turnovers and apple pies so yummy? Both were great snacks because the protein and fats helped curb my hunger until my next meal. They also make a Bananas Foster flavor and a Roasted Nut Roll flavor. I'd probably try the Nut Roll kind and would eat the cherry cobbler one again. I think I prefer Kind Bars or normal Larabars, just because those flavors are more my taste. I'm pretty obsessed with the Cashew Cookie and Peanut Butter Cookie Larabars, so until they come out with an Über bar featuring chocolate, it wouldn't be my first pick.


I actually hung onto the Kind Granola for a little while. I either had other snacks packed or just wasn't in the mood for it. This morning, I needed something to carry me over until lunch, so I dove in. Granola isn't really a staple in my diet because most packaged kinds have so much sugar and just taste okay. I instantly really liked the Kind Granola! It was lightly sweetened with honey and bits of coconut, and it had just the right amount of crunch. 


I looked at the nutrition facts and was pleased to see only 6 grams of sugar per serving which is 1/3 of a cup. I know other granola brands are 1/4 cup serving sizes and have more sugar, so Kind granola is definitely a good option! I had the Oats & Honey Clusters with Toasted Granola, but I really want to try their Peanut Butter Whole Grain Clusters! The Vanilla Blueberry Clusters with Flax Seeds and the Dark Chocolate & Cranberry Clusters also sound delicious. 

With the $1 off coupon, I will definitely be picking up some Kind granola to sprinkle on yogurt or eat as a snack on its own! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment