Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wedding on the Run

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last posted!

One week ago, I was in DC celebrating the wedding of a fabulous couple. I got to see a bunch of my dearest friends and had a total blast! I really can't say enough good things about the wedding.

We had a Thursday morning flight, and I had hopes of getting in a workout before heading to the airport. I had no such luck there. (I am really not a morning person)

The next morning I woke up around 9am, and headed out for a run. We were staying by the Capitol, and I knew I would kick myself if I didn't take advantage in exploring the area. I really get lost very easily, so I figured I'd just go up and down the Mall. Of course, it took me about a mile of running around aimlessly before I discovered exactly where the Mall was. Ooops! As soon as I found it, I ran up and around the Washington Monument, and then headed back to the hotel for a total of 4.5 miles.

The best part was that I essentially got to repeat this the next day. The bride and groom decided to do a big fun run the morning of the wedding. The entire wedding party took a photo by the Capitol in our special fun run shirts. The runners then went on their way while the rest went back to the hotel. Again it was so much fun seeing DC and running among so many iconic structures.

As someone who ran on her own wedding day, I highly endorse it! It's a great way to burn off some nervous energy, gives you all sorts of endorphins, and provides a calm before the storm. A friend asked if this was some new wedding trend. As far as I know not too many brides hit the pavement on the day of her wedding, but maybe more should!

I'm going to confess that this run was my last serious workout (unless you count dancing the night away at the wedding). We went to the Patriots game Monday night, which made for a late evening. I was exhausted Tuesday and Wednesday, and finally plan to hit the gym tonight! I've been feeling so sluggish that I'm hoping a little Body Pump will be just what the doctor ordered!





No comments:

Post a Comment