Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Best Laid Plans...

It's a rainy Tuesday here. Doesn't this just make you want to curl up in bed with a good book? Is that just me?


I woke up with every intention of going for a run this morning, but then I saw the weather and happily snoozed for another hour. So fingers crossed the weather clears up a bit before this afternoon or that I feel motivated to run in the rain. I actually don't think running in the rain is all that bad, but it makes me want nothing more than a hot shower and some quality time with my couch. So I find that it's not the best pre-work option.

Speaking of failed plans, my mother-in-law and I had been wanting to check out the new Make Meaning store at Legacy Place. The store offers all sorts of crafty activities like jewelry making, cake decorating, and pottery painting. Sunday was finally a day that worked for both of us, so we made the trek to Dedham to check it out.



With 7 different kinds of activities, there was certainly a lot to look at! It was fun to look at the examples and the different craft options. I was first discouraged by how some of the crafts couldn't be picked up until 4 days later (like pottery and glass items that needed to be fired). Then I saw the prices, which were a little on the steep side. Plus most of the fun add-ons were several dollars, then I found out there is a sitting fee for non-members. You add that up and you're looking at some very expensive items.

We left Make Meaning and ended up just walking around Legacy Place and grabbing some iced teas. It was a beautiful day, so it was fun to explore. Still disappointing that our big adventure didn't quite pan out.


No comments:

Post a Comment