Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spin Class

I get a big gold star because I actually went to a spinning class at the gym last night! I can't remember the last time I went to one. Maybe last fall?

My interested was renewed when I attended a class at a cycling studio a few weeks ago. Thanks to a Gilt Groupe deal, I was able to get a good deal and figured why not. The catch was that the bikes at that studio were Real Ryder stationary bikes. These bikes are designed to mimic cycling outside. They move so you really engage your core during the workout. It was a huge adjustment for me, but by the end of the class I felt more comfortable. I did leave with a few bruises though, so maybe I wasn't as well adjusted as I thought! The deal was for 3 classes, so I will make it back there at some point.

Last night, the standard spin class was a nice change of pace. I feel more comfortable adjusting the bikes and knowing what works for me. I liked that it was an intense cardio workout that was a change in pace from running. I was soaked in sweat by the end, and was surprised by how quickly the class flew by. I definitely need to incorporate more of these classes into my workout routine.

After some foam rolling at the gym, I came home and did the Bikini Abs workout on the Beach Babe DVD. Such an easy way to supplement a standard workout! It was the perfect way to finish last night's workout.




No comments:

Post a Comment