Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dancing the Night Away

I was feeling great during Body Pump last night! Perhaps it was a leftover high from the previous day's run? I forgot grab extra 10lbs weights, so I did a bit of a lower weight during the leg track than I intended, but I upped my weight on chest, shoulders, and powered through all the tricep dips (I hate tricep dips so that is huge).

I finished the workout and took note of the women coming in for the next class. After peeking at the schedule, I saw it was a Zumba Express class. This means it was just thirty minutes. I figured that since I hadn't done any cardio prior to Body Pump that I could easily tack on 30 minutes of dancing to my workout. I turned around and headed right back into the studio.

I have to admit that I was nervous trying out my first Zumba class. The instructor did a great job of putting us all at ease, and she emphasized to just have fun with it! I definitely struggled picking up all the steps and had difficulty keeping up with some of the quick transitions. I found it was easy to catch on after a minute or two into each song, and it was easy to make each step your own and just have fun. My one regret is that I didn't have a friend there to laugh along with me!

I know I'm super late hoping on the Zumba bandwagon, but it was a blast! Not the greatest workout in the world, but it was the perfect class to pair with another workout, like Body Pump.

Have you tried Zumba? Were you able to keep up?

No comments:

Post a Comment