Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Cookie Monstah

First there was the cupcake truck, then there was this...

My first thought was "Wow, I didn't even know a cookie truck existed!" My second thought was "WHY ARE THESE TRUCKS PARKED DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY GYM???" And not going to lie, my third thought was "Hmmm I wonder what flavors they have..."

I am happy to report that despite 30 minutes on the elliptical and an hour of body pump, I did not feel entitled to a "reward." Though that is mostly because I had to head to the grocery store and knew that if I purchased a cookie, I'd want to run home and consume it immediately.

As I packed up my things to leave the gym, I didn't let myself think about the cookies. Instead, I thought about what vegetables and protein I could eat for dinner. Zucchini is my all-time favorite vegetable, so I'm thrilled it's in season! Knowing that I could enjoy the tasty squash, made my decision to skip the cookie so much easier.

Plus I know I'll splurge on July 4th, so might as well be good until then! How do you handle temptation?

No comments:

Post a Comment