Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bookworm

This morning, I had to fight to get out of bed. I have been so sleepy this week! I actually haven't done any sort of workout since Saturday's spin class. Yikes!

Last night, I skipped working out because I could not put down the book that I was reading!

"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten.


Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love."
(source)

The writing in this book was phenomenal. Given the two main characters meet at a Cancer Kid Support Group, I was expecting it to be pretty depressing, but Green does a great job of keeping the tone from being too heavy. The main characters are about so much more then their ailments. Definitely a tearjerker, but there are many laughs along the way as well.

I highly recommend this book to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment