Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Welcome to Summer

Happy first day of summer! Boston decided to celebrate with temperatures in the 90's. Awesome.

I'm super lame this week and haven't been running once.

In anticipation of the hot afternoon, I set my alarm early to get in a refreshing pre-work run and beat the heat. Did that happen? Nope. If anyone has any secrets to getting out of bed for a morning workout, I'd really like to know them. I do love running in the morning, but "just woke up Margo" loves her bed more.

Yesterday I did the Beach Babe DVD HIIT workout. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. It was a quick but sweaty workout. I probably should have done something longer, but this got the job done. 


I am actually a huge fan of this DVD. There are 7 different workouts on here! They're of different lengths and focuses. The other day I did the "bikini booty" routine. It's only 10 minutes, but I totally felt it! If you're in the market for a workout DVD, I highly recommend this one. The trainers are fun, the moves are effective, and like I said, you get 7 different workouts to mix and match!

Since I failed at getting in a run, I will probably do another workout this afternoon at home basking in the comfort of central air.

And seriously, someone please tell me how to get in a morning workout.

2 comments:

  1. If someone tells you, tell me too, please... And now I kind of want to buy that DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can borrow it if you want to try it out :-)

      Delete