Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Green Smoothie

Scary looking, right? Trust me when I say this is a glass full of amazing!

I am pretty bad about eating vegetables. I'll have a salad a few times a week and maybe a small side of veggies with dinner, but generally speaking, I find it tough to get in all the recommended servings.

We all know that vegetables are loaded with nutrients that help fuel our bodies and such, so I'm not going to bore you with all of that. Besides, I'm not an expert and would probably start using Popeye cartoons as a reference.

Anyway, I am always looking for a way to get more vegetables into my diet because I know all these vitamins will help my body become stronger and ultimately a better athlete. My latest favorite is this green smoothie! I've been making it every morning for the last week, and I drink it on an empty stomach. I swear that I instantly feel more energized! My body loves getting all those nutrients first thing in the day, and best of all, it tastes good too!

Green Smoothie:
1 Giant Handful of Spinach (about 1.5 Cups)
1 Cup Almond Milk
1 Banana (frozen or fresh)
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds (optional)
3-5 Ice Cubes (if banana isn't frozen)

Simply throw all the ingredients in a blender and hit start! When the mixture looks smooth, pour and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment