Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kale or be Kaled

So until I tried a new brownie recipe, I thought I didn't like white chocolate. Turns out that white chocolate is delicious! Go figure.


Recently, I experienced the exact opposite. Years ago, I tried kale chips for the very first time. I loved them. I basically ate all of them off my co-worker's plate.

So recently, I bought a huge bundle of kale at the grocery store. I thought of how tasty my kale chips would be and was looking forward to the delicious snack. Imagine my surprise when I took one off my baking sheet and put it in my mouth and did not enjoy it. Further more, my apartment kind of smelled from the baking process. Erm big miss on my part!




So what to do with the still massive amounts of kale in my fridge. This morning I came up with the answer as I was craving my morning green smoothie, but was out of spinach.

You guessed it! I put the kale in a smoothie! Instead of chia seeds, I threw in some vanilla protein powder, and that helped make the drink taste less like kale. I didn't like it quite as much as my spinach smoothie, but it was a good way for me to enjoy all the health benefits of kale.


Confession: this is actually just a photo of my spinach drink. Oddly enough, looks the same with kale.



No comments:

Post a Comment