Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

A Good Hair Day

Good news. Someone recommended adding a squirt of agave nectar to my Kale Smoothie, and guess what? It tasted much better this morning!

In my smoothie:
2 handfuls of kale
1/2 a frozen banana
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3/4 a Cup of Almond Milk
1 generous squirt of agave nectar

I still have a ton of kale so I foresee another one of these tomorrow morning.

After the smoothie, I threw together a chickpea, lemon and spinach salad for lunch. It's super yummy, easy to make, and healthy! It then went in my large bag of food for the day.


Obviously I need an entire bag's worth of food. Yum!

I've been trying to be especially good about what I'm eating this week as I have been slacking in the exercise department. I haven't run in almost a week!

I confess it's partially due to the fact I got a new haircut on Tuesday afternoon. So no workout Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.



It doesn't look all that different than before, though I cut off 5 inches! I'd been growing my hair out for the wedding basically since we got engaged. I was ready for something a bit cooler for the summer. My hairdresser calls it the "post-wedding chop." I hate doing something so cliche but I needed the change!
 
I feel like a silly girl for using a good hair day as an excuse not to work out. It reminds me of this commercial. What's the weakest excuse you've used for not hitting the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment