Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Total surprises on a Half Birthday

Yesterday was my half birthday. Something I didn't even realize until 9pm, when my father called to sing to me. Thanks, Dad! I am now closer to 30 than 29. Yikes!

During the phone call, an alarm in my building went off. The electronic system warned us that instructions might follow, so I quickly told my father thank you but gotta go!



Nothing happened, so Rob and I went about our normal business. I finished putting away my laundry, and, no surprise, my mom emailed me shortly after to make sure I was ok. Great timing alarm. Way to freak my parents out.

Otherwise the evening was fairly uneventful. I did have my butt kicked at boot camp. I was very proud of myself though. During 45 second sprints, I maxed out at 10mph aka a 6 minute mile pace! Granted it was only for 20 seconds, but that was a pace I honestly didn't think I was capable of. But you know what? It wasn't so bad, and when the trainer singled me out to ask how fast I was going at the end, I was proud to exclaim loudly for the entire gym to hear. I am just that cool.

Speaking of being totally cool, I was super excited that a Kate Spade dress I had ordered online had been delivered. I had been lusting after this dress for months, but couldn't afford it. When items in the same line started going on sale, I checked every day to see if the price on this dress would go down. Finally it did and I pounced.

Imagine my horror when I couldn't get the zipper to zip! I enlisted Rob's help, and even then no luck. the dress fit, the zipper just kept sticking! Even on the hanger, it took some finagling to get it zipped. I reluctantly vowed to return the dress.

I wasn't ready to give up though. I researched and finally decided to try a recommendation I had read online. Someone had suggested putting oil on a stuck zipper. I wasn't sure how Kate Spade would feel about this, but I decided to give it a shot. I lightly applied some vegetable oil to the zipper and sure enough...




Ta da!


I also got the chance to perfect my self portrait skills....




Clearly my photography needs some work, but I am super exited the dress worked! The perfect half birthday gift! Think it was worth the wait?

No comments:

Post a Comment