Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Run Clubs in Boston

Someone didn't tell Mother Nature that it's Friday...


It is a gloomy, rainy day here in Boston. It makes me sleepy. Even my Ke$ha Pandora Station isn't giving me the usual pick-me-up.


I did swing by Marathon Sports last night to pick-up a new pair of sneakers. In the store, they advertised their Wednesday night running group. Runners meet at the store after work to go out and run together.

I've noticed that many stores in the area do something similar. Sometimes there's other programing involved like a company holding a product demo or the group just grabs drinks after the workout. They sound great, and I'd love to check one out soon. Until recently, my busy schedule has prevented me from ever making it out to one. (Well that and my fear of doing this type of stuff alone. I am that awkward quiet girl who some how manages to run solo in a big group of people.)

After reading about various clubs, I've found a Run Club for almost every day of the week!

Monday
Lululemon-Prudential Center
776 Boylston St.,
Boston, MA 02116
Run starts at 6pm

Tuesday
City Sports- Back Bay
480 Boylston St,
Boston, MA 02116
Starts at 6pm

Wednesday
Niketown Boston
Newbury & Exeter
Boston, MA
Run starts at 6:30pm

Marathon Sports- Boston, Brookline, and Wellesley
Runs start at 6:30pm

Thursday
Lululemon- Newbury
337 Newbury Street
Boston, MA
Meet at 5:45pm for a 6pm run

Saturday
City Sports- Commonwealth Ave.
1035 Comm Ave.
Boston, MA
Run starts at 10:30am


My goal is to meet up with at least one of these groups in the next month. Have you ever joined a running group or something similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment