Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Mickey Mouse is Trying to Kill Me

I think Mickey Mouse is trying to kill me. I mean why else would he try to lure me into doing another Goofy Challenge?

2013 is the 20th anniversary of the Disney Marathon, so Disney just announced a new race course. It looks awesome!




Damn you Disney! Making racing too much fun. And yes, I realize this is me calling running 39.3 miles in two days "fun."

Why the Goofy? Well I am without question doing the half marathon in 2013, as it will be a bunch of my friends' first half marathon. I'm super torn, and if I hadn't had so much fun in 2012, then this would not be nearly as tempting. Right now, all I can picture are Buzz Lightyear, Woody, Cinderella and her stepsisters, Jack Sparrow, Winnie the Pooh and Tiger, and of course Mickey and Minnie. They are all awaiting me with open arms on the Disney course and will be very lonely if I don't run past. Plus, a special surprise at mile 20???

I bet there will be a cool t-shirt and an even cooler medal.

Anyway, after 3 days of intense workouts and a race this weekend, I decided a rest day was in order. Rest day meant free time, so I decided to do some baking.

After purusing the internet, I saw this Flaugnarde of Mixed Berries on the Skinny Taste website, and I knew I had to make it.

It's a pretty easy recipe. Just throw some berries in a pan, mix up the ingredients, pour the batter over the berries and pop it into the oven. It took about 50 minutes to cook, and waiting was the hardest part.

I cut myself a piece and sprinkled it with powdered sugar. I just loved the custard texture of this dessert. It was sweet but not too sweet, and the berries made it seem light. I think it's a great summer dessert. It was so easy and tasty, I will definitely be making it again. I'd love to experiment with different fruit. An apple caramel flugnarde sounds awesome to me...

I don't know why Picasa hates the bottom of this photo. At least you can see the good stuff.
Fun fact? Apparently this is really a clafoutis but with mixed berries. Only if the dessert is made with black cherries is it a clafoutis. If it's made with another fruit, then it's a flugnarde.



Another fun fact, apparently I should have baked this in a round cake or pie pan. Next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment