Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Improvement

It's another rainy day here in Boston. I will be doing another treadmill workout after work today.

Last night, we had the final session of our boot camp. I did not sign-up for another session, which makes me a bit nervous. I'm hoping that I can keep up the routine by incorporating strength training into my weekly workouts.

At the beginning of the 6 weeks, we did a little assessment. We did push-ups for one minute, squats for a minute, and timed how long we could hold a plank.

6 Weeks Ago...
Push-ups: 20
Plank: 65 seconds
Squats: 31

Yesterday...
Push-ups: 34
Plank: 112 seconds
Squats: 43

Improvement in all three! For the push-ups the trainer called out that we were halfway done, and I was already at 20, so I knew I was in good shape and went a bit easier on myself in the second half. I was actually really nervous about the plank, because I have trouble holding it for longer than a minute still. Don't know what happened yesterday! Whooo! I'm psyched!

Between these results and my 10k improvement from the weekend, I'm on a strength training high right now. With no more boot camp, I'm going to try to see what I can do on my own. I'm planning on taking advantage of the classes at the gym (hello, Body Pump), and I know that if I do workouts on my own, that I will need a set plan.

I'd love to track my progress, but I'm not sure if these 3 areas are the best way to do that. Any ideas? How do you track your fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment