Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

The Joys of Foam Rolling

Yesterday was one of those days when I got to the T station just in time to see my train pull away. Fantastic start to the day.

I had planned on going for a run after work. It ended up being a gorgeous afternoon. However, my body had other plans. The right side of my body was super tight. I decided to go home and foam roll (which I failed to do after boot camp the day before) and see how I felt after that.


This is a TriggerPoint Grid Foam Roller. It has three different type of surfaces. Low and flat (feels like forearm or palm), high and firm (feels like fingertips), and medium and tubular (to feel like the finger and thumb). I'm not sure I get that impression from all the little groves and such, but it definitely gets the job done.





Smooth surfaced foam rollers are just as awesome. I really think foam rolling has made a difference for me. For some great exercises, check out the Runner's World website.

The foam rolling definitely made my quads, hamstrings, and glutes feel better, but my calf was really tender. Really tender. So I opted to take the night off.

Remember those grooves? Do you see them on my leg? I sported a sexy grid thanks to my foam roller. Don't be jealous.

Also don't be jealous of our new toilet.


Notice a problem? Yeah, the lid doesn't fit under the counter. someone is coming in today to check out our "options."

I caught a train right away this morning, so let's hope Friday has a better day in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment