Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Unzipped


Did you see Google's homepage today?

Those folks are so smart.

Apparently it is Gideon Sundbäck's birthday. He helped develop the zipper. Gideon, lazy people everywhere thank you. Because of you, "button fly" is just something you accidentally grab from the stack of jeans at the Gap.

Google's display inspired me to make today's blog post MarGoGoGo Unzipped. So below are 5 random bits of (not so) interesting secret trivia.

1. I want to run an Ultramarathon.
I blame Dean Karnazes for this one. Ever since I read UltraMarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner I have been intrigued by the idea of running an UltraMarathon. I don't really have any desire to do a 50 or 100 mile race, but an Ultramarathon is anything over 26.2 miles. I'm thinking I have a 50k in me and would love to cross that finish line someday.

2. I'm making Rob celebrate our 1-month anniversary (which is today)
This is super lame/dorky/high-maintenance, I realize. Most dating couples celebrate their anniversaries. While Rob and I dated for over 5 years before tying the knot, we never once celebrated our anniversary. Not really our style. Plus our dating anniversary falls right around my birthday, Thanksgiving, his birthday and Christmas with Valentine's Day in the wings. The last thing we needed was another "event" on the schedule. We both agreed that our wedding date would be our only anniversary. In honor of that, tonight we have plans to sit down and eat a meal I prepared. As we usually each do our own thing, this is a big deal for us. Doesn't sound like much of a celebration? What do you expect from the couple who didn't do anniversaries?

Think 1-month anniversary is corny? Here's us at our 1-week dinner


3. I had a cookie for breakfast.
Sunday, I was craving chocolate chip cookies. I looked up a healthy version, and bought the ingredients at the store Sunday night. However, we went to Rob's parents for a bit then came home and made dinner. I didn't finish dinner until well after 10pm, and at that point, I didn't want to get into a baking project. I managed to whip up a batch last night, and couldn't resist eating one this morning as I was packing one to go with my lunch. There's oatmeal in them, so that's really practically breakfast anyway.
Don't these scream nutritious breakfast?
 4. I forgot to call my father on his birthday
My dad's birthday was Saturday. I woke up, thought "I should call my Dad later." Of course I didn't remember until 10pm, and my father goes to bed around 8. Plus the gift I got him was back ordered and didn't ship until yesterday. I am a horrible daughter.




5. I am thinking about eating another cookie.
Remember how I ate breakfast cookie while packing lunch cookie? Lunch cookie is calling my name. I think I can have two cookies before noon, after all it is my anniversary.

2 comments: