Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Diamonds and Wine

It's March....commence freak out. There are less than 20 days until the wedding. Yikes!

Seriously, last week at this time, I was feeling good. Calm. I had the wedding in the bag.

This week? It's like it suddenly dawned on me that I have 10 million things to do in about 5 minutes. And no, I am not being overly dramatic.

We were able to check off one of the 10 million to-dos last night by going to get our wedding rings! The jeweler served me wine and let me try on all the diamond rings I wanted. It was a big win for me.

I mentioned that my engagement ring felt a little loose, so he took a look and he agreed that it was quite big. It's being resized, and we will pick it up with our bands next week. Which means I don't have my engagement ring at the moment! WEIRD! and sad...
Luckily, it's a quick turn around, and the future husband has all of next week off to run errands for me to relax. So he'll be able to pick up the rings as soon as they're ready. Yay! It's only been a few hours, but I miss my ring. I'm pretty sure that makes me lame, but I don't care.

This morning I set my alarm to squeeze in a pre-work workout. 6am came along. I saw it was 19 degrees out, and rolled over and went back to sleep. Gym fail. I'm hoping I will feel motivated after dance lessons this evening.

As a side note, I recently downloaded Mindy Kaling's book to listen to as I workout. I just have to say it's hilarious! I should probably treat it as a "gym only" benefit so it encourages me to go workout, but I've been listening to it on the way to work. I'm pretty sure commuters think I'm crazy as I'm laughing along on the train.

Next on the to-do list? Seating chart! This should be interesting. We had a surprisingly low number of "yes" responses for the wedding. (I think the secret is out that I'm a dork and people are worried it's contagious) In theory this should make the seating chart easier, but a lot of the groupings I'd already mapped out in my head, don't quite work anymore. Well, last night taught me that wine and sparkly things make any job more fun. I foresee a bottle of Riesling and a glitter pen in my future... 



No comments:

Post a Comment