Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Raceless

I had a realization today. I'm not currently registered for any races! That's just crazy talk!

From January to March, there really aren't many races in the New England area. With the bitter cold we've had the last few days, I don't argue this. Still, I am officially not in training for a thing. Very weird.

When I got an email from Schwaggle (Active.com's version of Groupon) saying that the Black Cat 10 Miler registration was on sale for only $17, I was very excited! I did the race last year and really enjoyed it. It's a scenic course, and 10 miles is an obtainable, yet long, distance to aim for this time of year. Of course, once I visited the site, I saw this.




Tragic! But now I know to just jump on the deal right away! On the other hand, last night I went to the gym and got on the elliptical. I can't tell you the last time I used a non-treadmill cardio machine at the gym! I did 40 minutes of intervals while watching Cupcake Wars and Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy, then did some push-ups and ab work. Tonight, I'm planning on going to a yoga class. If I get to bed early enough tonight, I will hit up the pre-work Body Pump class. I haven't been to Body Pump in 2012, and I'm just itching to get back into it!

When I got home last night, I was pleasantly surprised to find Rob had used a few Christmas presents I had received to set the table.

You may wonder what that is in the center of the table. (Rob did) It's a gurgling cod. I think it's fun, and apparently it's a classic Boston/New England thing. I love how it looks with the new placemats, and apparently it "gugles" when you pour water out of it. Hence the name. Doubting how "classic New England" it is if Rob, a local, doesn't know what it is..

Anyway, a nice dose of yoga is calling my name! Still a little tight from the Goofy, so it should be interesting!



No comments:

Post a Comment