Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pro, Con, Con, Pro

In college, I was in a sorority. Twice a year sororities had recruitment (aka rush) to get knew members. During this time we would have discussions about the girls we met and would take a "pro, con, con pro" format so that you always started and ended with something positive. I think this is a good approach, so I'm adapting it to today's post.

Pro: I started my day with a workout! It's always a challenge for me to get up early enough for a morning workout, but today there was success! I tried out a new gym class, and I can now relax when I get home! Yay!

Con: The class I really wanted to attend was last night's Body Pump. My gym opens up class reservations 24 hours in advance, and by the time I logged on at 8pm on Sunday night (1.5 hours after registration opened) the class was filled! I refreshed and tried my luck all day yesterday, and was finally able to pick up a spot about an hour and a half before the class. Unfortunately, the front desk must have printed up the list prior to my sign-up because I wasn't on their list. So I was placed 4th on the wait list and didn't make it in. I did a bit of speed work on the treadmill, and decided to squeeze in weight training by attending the class this morning. That class was ok, but no body pump. As you all know, body pump is my new love.

Con: Apparently the smartcards (or Charlie Cards) used by the MBTA expire. The physical cards themselves. I learned this the hard way as I was denied this morning while on my way to work. Funny how I just put a month long pass on the card a week ago. MBTA, putting a month pass on a card that expires in a week doesn't raise any red flags??? How about printing an expiration date on the card? Seriously, I was totally blind sided by this and had to pay to use the T this morning. I don't have the money to buy another pass for December, so here's hoping a trip to the Downtown pass office helps! (Con 2 part B: the "free evening" I earned with the AM workout will be spent at the T office. Swell.)

Pro: I was this week's winner for the Delta Style Pile on the Miles Challenge! Whoooo!

Ending on a Pro is always better! Thinking about the good stuff is a sure fire way to lift my mood! Happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment