Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Then the Sun Comes Out



Early Saturday evening, I got some disappointing news. The news really upset me, so I sobbed and Rob consoled me. While the hugs and sympathetic looks are nice, I felt the overwhelming urge to run. It was almost as if I was in autopilot as I threw on my sweats and sneakers and headed out the door. I did a fairly easy 3 miles as I had a race Sunday. I came home, showered, and cried some more. I still wanted to run. I found it somewhat comforting to know that as long as my legs work, I will have a way to cope with my problems. Running takes me to a zone where everything just fades away.

Sunday was a good day. The race was fun (though my performance was just ok). Then I headed to a friend's house for some yummy food and great company. It was a beautiful day, so she and I ended up walking along the water, doing a bit of shopping, and enjoying the Thanksgiving festivities in the town.

Monday, I dragged myself into work, still in a bit of a funk from the news. To my surprise, I got a special delivery! My fabulous future husband brightened my day with this arrangement. And a teddy bear? He's a keeper!

Then, our photographer send a sneak peek of our engagement photos! We had these taken at the end of September, but with the busy New England wedding season, I knew we wouldn't have to wait a while. I can't wait to see the rest, which should just be later this week!


The rest of the work day went on pretty normally. No more big surprise deliveries or w-updates. At the end of the day, I packed up my stuff, grabbed my flowers and hopped on the train home. The building manager stopped me as I entered the building, and she asked for my birthday. I figured she was asking because of the flowers I had in hand, and I gushed about how sweet Rob is, blah, blah, blah. I went on my way.

When I entered the apartment and passed our kitchen, I was a giant bag from Sweet, a Boston cupcake store. Much to my surprise, I received a dozen cupcakes as a belated birthday gift!
Confession: I had a Cupcake for dinner.
Yesterday was just an unbelievable day! Anyone of the surprises would have been noteworthy, but three in one day? Amazing! To top it off, it's a short week for Thanksgiving! It just goes to show that when you're down, the only way is up! It took some reminding, but I believe that something good is always around the corner! In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life who cheer me up when I'm down. I'm thankful for running, which keeps me sane. And of course, I'm thankful for cupcakes, flowers, and teddy bears.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment