Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Guess this is Growing Up

This past weekend I went home to Georgia. This wasn't just any ol' visit. I went home for my bridal shower and my 10 year high school reunion!

I can't believe the wedding festivities are starting, and even more surprising that high school was over 10 years ago!

I came into Atlanta Friday night, and my parents picked me up from the airport. Saturday morning I woke-up to my alarm at 7am. Guess it was still set from my pre-marathon wake-ups!

I get greeted with signs at home...(leftover from the marathon or telling me to run away? Hmmm)

At a more reasonable hour, I woke-up and got ready for the shower. My mom and I headed over to my MOH's parents house. Katie and her mom are probably the two cutest people on the planet. They had all the guests wear aprons which they gave me at the end. They greeted me with a corsage and a mimosa. Clearly these ladies know me.

The attendees were mostly my mother's friends who live in the area. I hadn't seen some of them in years, so it was fun to catch-up! We then opened presents. I was simply blown-away by everyone's generosity. I am so shy that I felt so awkward having everyone watch me go through the gifts. I didn't seem to mind at all my childhood birthday parties. What happened? I just hope everyone knows how much I appreciate their awesome gifts!

We then had the most delicious lunch. Chicken salad sandwiches on croissants (one of my favorites!), asparagus, cheese straws, frozen fruit salad, and cake. Just thinking about it is enough to make me hungry!

With my mom and the best hostesses ever!


Things wound up after the meal. I got home and squeezed in some Scrabble before I had to get ready for the reunion.

I was definitely nervous about seeing everyone, but once I got there, I was just so excited to talk to everyone. I discovered a couple classmates had also just run the Chicago Marathon, another classmate had read "Born to Run", and another's wife was also a marathoner. I was thrilled to talk about running for so much of the night!
Yay school spirit!

Clearly people are very different at 18 than at 28, but still I was surprised how much people had grown-up. The 20 graduates all seemed so happy to see one another. While at high school events, we all stuck to our groups. Now people mingled and chatted with just about everyone! I was hesitant to go, but ultimately, I'm thrilled that I went.

Such a fun trip home! I definitely miss my family and the old days, but the shower was certainly a good reminder of the amazing things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment