Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Vitamix it Up

Happy Monday!

It was hard going back to work after such a great weekend. Luckily I took Wednesday off, so knowing it's a short week certainly made today easier.

I came home to find a very special package at my door...

It's my new blender! My mother was nice enough to give me and my future husband this generous engagement gift. As if my mother doesn't do enough for us! 

I forced myself to go on a five mile run before playing with my new toy. Running in the afternoon heat was easier knowing I could make a cool smoothie once I got home. 

I want to make it all!
Upon investigation I saw that the blender came with a handy recipe binder. The manual came hole punched and there was a hole-punched pocket that held the warranty information. Both fit nicely into the recipe binder. This is totally brilliant. 

After reading the instructions and cleaning the mixer, I got started on my smoothie. I threw in some blueberry greek yogurt, skim milk, frozen berries, a couple tablespoons of chia seeds and a big scoop of peanut butter into the mixer. I figured it was a bit of a PB&J inspired smoothie. 

Perfect Summer Dinner
I think the berry flavors actually masked the peanut butter. I could barely taste it. Note to self: Add more PB in the future. Rookie mistake.

Ok, time to investigate the recipe book and watch the Patriots play some Monday night football! Go Pats!

No comments:

Post a Comment