Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Adventures in Breakfast Making


I am useless before I have my AM cup of coffee. A fact that was only reinforced by my mornings this week. Take today for example. We have a Kerig coffee maker. Kerig pretty much is as easy as coffee-making gets. You fill a mug with water, pour the water into the machine, put a coffee pod in the machine and hit the brew button. Easy, right? I followed those steps and walked away. A few minutes I came back and realized I hadn’t put the coffee cup underneath the brewer. Luckily, Kerig has idiot proofed the machine to have a tray that holds exactly one cup of coffee. So easy to clean-up!
Panera, please deliver to my bed.
I’d like to say that this was my first coffee mistake of the week, but alas, it’s not. The husband-to-be and I have a reusable pod that you can fill with coffee grounds. In order to use this you have to remove part of the Kerig pod holder. This part has a tiny needle that pokes a hole into the coffee pod, allowing the water to go through the pod and brew delicious coffee. Earlier this week, I removed the reusable pod but didn’t put in the pod holder. I simply stuck my pod in and hit brew. When I came back, I put milk in my cup and was about to take a sip when I realized that my coffee looked like, well, milk in a cup of hot water. Happy to report I noticed before taking a sip!

Other morning adventures include dropping a smoothie covered frozen strawberry down my white shirt I had planned on wearing to work. (the smoothie was sooooo good though!) I also reached into the cupboard above our sink to grab a mug, only to have a travel mug come flying down into our sink of dirty glasses, shattering a pint glass. Broken glass in the morning=not fun.

From now on, I think I should just stick to buying my coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment