Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Case of the Mondays


Mother Nature has a
case of the Mondays
Happy Monday Tuesday everyone! Three day weekends are always such a treat, especially when a short week follows. Though starting on a Tuesday always seems to throw off my internal calendar. Today just feels like a Monday, and the rainy weather only makes it feel more like a Monday!

Working at a college, it definitely feels that summer is over. The students are back, and the first day excitement is in the air. Coming into work, there were actually people out and about on campus. Poor kids who have an 8am class on the first day. Yuck! In college, I definitely liked to sleep in. I think the earliest class I ever took was a 9:30am, which was an intro to Communications class that was required by everyone in my major.

The weekend was relaxing. I did a ton of reading and finished Super Sad True Love Story on Friday night (like the cool kid I am). A friend had invited me to go see Sarah’s Key on Monday, but I wanted to read the book first. So Saturday, I started the book and finished within 24 hours. Despite being a heavy subject matter, the book had very short chapters and ended up being a quick read. I also finally bought Born to Run. I've heard it's a "must read" for runners, so I have high hopes!

You may be wondering how I got so lucky to lead the glamorous life of reading on a Friday night. I actually cooked myself a big pasta dinner and enjoyed a low-key evening, because Saturday morning I had a long run!
I’ve been slacking in the training department, so the run didn’t go as well as I had hoped. I did get in 16 miles with quite a few walk breaks. It was a beautiful morning to run, and I listened to an audiobook on the run, which was really enjoyable! We’ll see how this weekend goes…
On to the work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment